Express Newark Presents: Free Public Speaking Workshops
Tuesday, September 10th at 5:30pm
Wednesday, September 25th at 5:30pm
Wednesday, October 9th at 5:30pm
Wednesday, October 23rd at 5:30pm
What To Expect
- BUILDING CONFIDENCE: Learn techniques to overcome nervousness and stage fright.
- PRACTICE EXERCISES AND FEEDBACK: You will practice your presentation material in front of the group and receive feedback and guidance on how to improve delivery.
- BODY LANGUAGE: Utilize your hand gestures, vocal tonality, posture and other nonverbal tools for charisma and maximum impact.
- PRACTICE STRATEGIES: Learn how to practice and rehearse most effectively when preparing your presentation.
- PRESENTATION CONTENT: Learn how to structure your speech so it flows logically and keeps the audience engaged.
- WORKSHOPS AVAILABLE FOR THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY – RUTGERS NEWARK FACULTY AND STAFF (including part time hires).WORKSHOPS AVAILABLE TO ALL EXPRESS NEWARK STAKEHOLDERS (Staff, Current Partners & Residents).
- WORKSHOPS AVAILABLE FOR THE GREATER NEWARK COMMUNITY: Newark residents, non-profit organizations, small businesses & community centers – one person per organization.