Third Space Award 2019 – 2020 Request for Proposals
As a part of Express Newark’s commitment to creating an interdisciplinary learning space where artists and community residents collaborate, experiment, and innovate in partnership with RU-N faculty, staff, students to engage in creative practice, democratic dialogue, and positive transformation, Express Newark is currently accepting applications to fund university-community collaborative projects taking place between September 2019 and June 2020. Submit your proposal in the format outlined below via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 21, 2019. Successful applicants will be notified by July 1, 2019.
In addition to providing a state-of-the-art facility and access to cutting edge technology, Express Newark has supported collaboration between the university and community partners since 2017. This second round of Third Space Awards continues to broaden Express Newark’s impact on Newark’s creative economy.
Objectives and Expected Outcomes:
Strengthen and expand initiatives which address social justice, access, diversity and inclusion. Proposals are expected outcomes/impact of initiatives supported through Express Newark include but are not limited to:
- Relevance to Newark’s diverse communities providing access to programs and facilities, removing barriers to participation and promoting equity;
- Enhances the Newark arts ecosystem through financially equitable, reciprocal partnerships and collaborations with Express Newark resident and non-resident community partners to create social impact and address societal issues;
- Generates engaged scholarship (publication, art, design, exhibition);
- Breaks down silos through cross-unit, cross-sector, and cross-institutional collaborations locally;
- Benefits students at RU-N and/or in Newark K-12 schools.